DESMOPAN POLISHING DISCS
Desmopan is a polishing compound or slurry carrier of long-life durable plastic with ribbed surfaces for the polishing of Precision Optics. The pad is only available in a 123mm (4.84") disk, 0.50mm thick (0.020") with two patterns: Cubical or Lengthwise.
Cubic-Pressure 150gr/cm2 (2.1 sq. inches), Speed - 50 to 300 RPM.
Lengthwise - Pressure 150-250 gr/cm2 (2.1 to 3.6 sq. inches) Speed 50 to 300 RPM.
- RECOMMENDED POLISHING COMPOUND OR SLURRY
High purity Cerium Oxide powder (Opaline), High Purity Cerium Oxide slurry.
- PREPARING THE DESMOPAN PRIOR TO GLUING
Cut in a star shape in segments or pieces. It is recommended that parallel linees be arranged in a radius if possible. Make small discs for BIG lenses and bid discss for SMALL lenses. Arrange the cut pieces in sections, if necessary, with an additional circle for large diameters (more than 200mm). The polishing tool should NEVER be completely sealed (no openings) with the Desmopan pad, even if the diameter of the tool makes it possible. Grind in the platen with either Microgrit WCA 30 or Silicon Carbide #320.
- GLUING THE PAD TO THE PLATEN
In order to have a good adhesion, the back of the Desmopan pad should be roughened prior to applying the adhesive. The first step is to apply a thin coat of Pattex contact adhesive to the platen AND the Desmopan pad using a fine-tooth spatula (saw blade). Allow the adhesive to dry for about 5 minutes. The next step is to apply the Desmopan pad to the platen. The final step: place a heavy flat plate on top of the Desmopan pad and let it dry for about 8 hours at room temperature. Note: the lines of the Desmopan must be either radial or vertical/horizontal.
- NOTE: To cover a 300mm diameter platen, you need 20 whole pads and about 8 half pads. It is recommended that you reduce the size of the Desmopan to a 45mm diameter circle. One full size Desmopan can be cut into 4-45mm diameter pads. When gluing the cross-hatch design, the direction of the crosses is not important. If the straight-line pad is used, from pad to pad the line direction changes by 90 degrees.
- CONDITIONING THE DESSMOPAD/ PLATEN - We recommend a tool with diamond pellets: D10 to D15 micron size. Use only water. Reason: this prevents contamination.
- SECRET TO FLATNESS - The conditioning for Plano polishing should be done in such a way that the platen is slightly concave (1µ to 2µ) in the center deviating from absolute flatness to account for the pressure during polishing.
KC-SS-OH 2020 POROUS HARD PAD
"THE STAR OF THE SHOW"
~ CREATED, DEVELOPED, MANUFACTURED, INCLUDING THE INGREDIENTS AND MACHINERY
PRODUCE THE MATERIAL, ALL IN THE U.S.A. ~
A hard, porous poromeric
polyamide CMP (Chemical-Mechanical Planarization) pad for planarizing and polishing
hard, rigid semiconductor and IC wafers, MEME and various hard material substrates,
including Aluminum, Copper, ILD, Polysilicon, Silicon Oxide, and Tungsten.
- MATERIALS OF CONSTRUCTION
The KC-SS-OH 2020
pad consists of 2 layers.
- 1. A hard, porous, Polyamide TOP layer for
planarization and polishing. The TOP layer is comprised of discrete repeatiing
units of the same configuratiion and structural properties and a proprietary
design of uniform pore size and shape distributed evenly within the layer.
- 2. A hard, solid, non-porous Polyamide BOTTOM
layer formed in continuum with the TOP layer. The BOTTOM layer is comprised of a
continuous sheet support for the TOP layer.
- 3. Both the TOP and BOTTOM layers are formed in
one manufacturing operation.
- 4. A sub-pad comprised of a compressible material
such as a nonwoven fabric or urethane/ PL foam may be added to the BOTTOM layer
- 5. All finished pads are fitted with a specialty
Pressure Sensitive Adhesive (PSA) to the BOTTOM layer for adhering the pad to
the polishing tool during planarization and polishing.
- 6. The KC-SS-OH 2020 accepts both Basic and
- SURFACE FEATURES
Upon request, the
polishing surface of the TOP layer can be textured to a specific roughness (Ra) and may
be further grooved or perforated to enhance planarization and polishing.
- PRODUCT SIZE
20" X 20" square or 20"
- TYPICAL PHYSICAL PROPERTIES
- Specific Gravity: ca. 0.93 g/cm3 (58lb/
ft3 EOS method)
- Hardness: ca. 75 Durometer Shore D (ASTM D2240)
- Compressibility: < -1.5%
- Thickness: TOP layer ca. 70 mil. ~ BOTTOM layer ca. 50
- Flexural Modulus: ca. 1500 MPa (EN ISO 178): 217 ksi
- Vicat Softening Temperature B/50: ca. 163°C (EN ISO
306): 325°F (ASTM D1525)
- CERTIFICATE OF ANALYSIS
To be included in
every production campaign lot and shipment.
The physical propertiies given above
are not to be taken as part of the product specifications.